Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Fresh Start Challenge Day 3: Give and You Will Receive

I have a big heart so I love to donate my time and money to organizations that I really support. I think it's a shame that people feel like when they fall victim that certain organizations are just suppose to step in and help them. That's how it usually is but that's not how it should be. 


  1. Being a Tri Delta I support St. Jude's Children's Research Hospital. We were teamed up with them back in 1999. We have accomplished so much as a sorority to help and expand. I was supporting St. Jude's Hospital long before college. I love their personal address labels. I send 5% of each of my checks to them. I send it directly so that I know they get the full amount. Someone that I love dear has been three different times with his battle for cancer. He is a warrior and a very brave soul. All of these children deserve a chance to live normal lives.
  2. In high school I was given 3 rubber bracelets. I was told to wear them for dating abuse. I laughed and scoffed at it. Then I was the victim and getting out of a relationship like that isn't easy. People don't realize what a problem like that does to a person and how it really hurts the ones around them as well. It makes trusting someone in the future and those around them so much more difficult. So knowing that 1 out of every 3 young adult has been a victim of dating abuse is really huge. I wear my crocheted bracelets often or as an anklet. This became so important to me that I went to school to help children and teens with this problem. Today, I am counselor and I help and donate to the The Break The Cycle Movement.
  3. Another cause that is very dear to me is March of Dimes. I love to do their marches. It feels really good knowing that simply just walking helps so many moms. Each step is figurative step closer to finding out answers. It means so much to moms everywhere.
  4. And donate Toys for Tots. I start early in the year and find toys on sale. It makes it so much better than having to fight a mad rush. I love doing Angel Trees too from the Salvation Army.
  5. And lastly I help out with the soup kitchen. The one I serve does two meals a day and helps cloth and shelter the people who are homeless in the community. I help out twice a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment