Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Fresh Start Challenge Day 7: Filling In The Pieces

I was born to an Alabamian and a Louisianian.
I have one true real sibling.

My real parents died in a car crash when I was just 3 months old. My mom's sister adopted me and I never knew I had different parents besides my aunt and her first husband. I mean I look like my siblings and stuff except for my eyes.

I found out last year when things started to not measure up looking at different papers. My parents had always told me that my last name was unique to me. Other people had said I was adopted but I ignored them (I am not apologizing if you are reading this.) My aunt finally told me the truth that she wasn't my biological mom, but that I was her daughter. That shocked me bad enough.

What I was prepared was Wayne. Wayne came into my life almost as soon as I moved to Huntsville. He is our preacher and it was strange to have your preacher ask you out on a date but it went amazingly.

Then his world crashed. His ex girlfriend from the year before during his last year of college shows up with a baby girl. She's Wayne's. Tested and everything. I never saw the ex girlfriend when she dropped off Faith. She gave full custody right to Wayne. I fell absolutely in love with Faith. Faith started calling me mama right away.

Wayne and I broke up for stupid reasons and we have moved past that. Our little family was all and well until I was scanning important documents to put in a fire safe box. Erin Leblanc was listed as Faith's mother. I freaked out. I didn't tell anyone right away. I simply asked my aunt/mom could I have the papers about my family.

Faith's mom is my sister. My older sister. I asked Wayne if he knew. He said he was thinking possibly cousins but didn't want to cause trouble. But now we know that Faith is so close to being my daughter it's amazing! Faith is blood to me and that means amazing things for me.




No comments:

Post a Comment